Inspired by "Banana Oatmeal Cookies" on Blue Zones.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ripe midsize bananas
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
2. Use a high power blender to process oats to the consistency of flour. Pour into mixing bowl and add baking soda and spices.
3. Blend bananas until completely smooth.
4. Add the bananas and the nuts to oatmeal mixture and mix until combined.
5. Drop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto cookies sheet, spacing well. Flatten each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Cool cookies on wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Yield: 12 servings.