Inspired by "Carrot Cake Overnight Oats" on Blue Zones
- 1/2 cup raw, uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened plant-based milk (i.e., soy, almond, coconut)
1. Select a container for your overnight oats, such as a mason jar or glass storage container with tight-fighting lid.
2. Layer as follows: oats, cinnamon, allspice, flaxseeds, coconut, walnuts, and carrots.
3. Pour over vanilla, syrup, and plant-based milk.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, stir together and enjoy cold or warm.