Inspired by "Lightly Spiced Carrot Muffins" on Blue Zones
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat cereal, (grapenuts, flax seed cereal, bran flakes etc)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup soy oil
- 1/2 cup grated or chopped carrots
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or using paper liners.
3. In a large bowl stir together all dry ingredients.
4. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, soymilk, and soy oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir until moistened.
5. Fold in carrots.
6. Fill muffins tins 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.