- 3/4 cup almonds, crushed in food processor but still chunky
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond, coconut, or any nut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, or berry of choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) organic coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat an 8x8” baking pan with coconut oil.
3. Using hands or spoon, mix all of the crust ingredients in a bowl. Pat crust mixture into 8x8"pan.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not overcook as crust will be hard to serve. Let cool 10-15 minutes. (The bar crust can be made the night before.)
5. For the topping, carefully place blueberries on top of the crust and try to fill the gaps. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the blueberries. Shake can of coconut milk and pour over the top.
6. Add optional toppings if desired (such as chopped nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg etc). Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top has some lightly browned spots. Cool and cut into bars. Serve hot or cold.
Makes approximately 8 servings.