- 2-4 large tortillas (gluten free - usually found in frozen section)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 14 oz. soft tofu
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichokes, drained and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a pie dish with oil. Rip the tortillas in half and arrange them so that the bottom and sides of the pan are covered. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until slightly brown.
3. While the crust is baking, heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and cook about 5 mins until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 mins, until fragrant. Add spinach and cook another few minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
4. In a food processor, mix tofu, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and spices. Process until smooth.
5. Add artichokes and onion/spinach mixture to food processor and pulse until mixed.
6. Put mixture into pie pan and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for about 40 mins at 350°F.
Makes approximately 4-8 servings.